Insurance cover for Builders, Cleaners, Plumbers, Electricians & more
As a professional Tradesman or Contractor, you are exposed to some highly specific risks throughout your working day. Tradesman & Contractors Insurance or Builders Insurance are just some of the business insurance policies that are designed to protect you from potential risks.
Why choose The Business Octopus
- One of our tradesman insurance specialists will discuss your business requirements with you and look to compare quotes from major UK insurance providers.
- You will get a bespoke policy that ensures you only pay for the cover you need.
- Trade insurance options available via our panel of UK brokers covering you for sector specific situations as required.
- We can provide you with your business insurance and documents on the same day in most cases (*subject to time of day restrictions), offering a range of flexible payment options, including Direct Debit.
Why you need Tradesman & Contractors Insurance
- Your business insurance policy from The Business Octopus will include fundamental elements of insurance that a tradesman or contractor could need whilst working including liabilities, full tool and equipment cover.
- You can also add additional covers and we will endeavour to help you tailor your business insurance policy to the needs of your business.
- There are many risks associated with being in a trade specific occupation, and there are areas of risk that you may need to consider when looking for business insurance.
What your Tradesman & Contractors Insurance Quote covers
- Contract Works or Contractors All Risks cover will insure your construction works plus materials, should they be damaged or the materials stolen prior to completion. The policy will also cover the additional labour costs to rebuild the work previously completed along with cover for your own or hired plant. For example: If you are completing an extension and it is damaged or destroyed by fire, you would have to complete the work again. Contract Works cover will provide the protection you need in this instance. Contract works insurance is available as a single one off policy or as a yearly policy.
- All Risk Insurance covers your possessions away from your business premises or home such as a laptop, tools, mobile phones.
- Tradesman & Contractors Public Liability Insurance Any business is highly exposed to legal action claims so it is essential you have tradesman public liability insurance to protect you. Court Cases can be devastating to small businesses as the costs can add up to many thousands of pounds so Tradesman public liability insurance will protect you from the negative effects should such happen. Even if you win a case, you could still end up paying out huge sums in legal fees if you do not have any tradesman liability insurance or contractors liability insurance cover.
- Legal Cover will help you if there is property damage or injury that has caused by your own actions, this then could leave you vulnerable to legal court proceedings. Clients, employees or the public may sue you for damages.
- Tradesmen Liability Insurance can help to protect you against the costs associated court claims including compensation and legal fees.
- Personal Accident cover will pay you or a member of your staff a weekly amount or lump sum should you or they be injured during the course of employment. The level of payment made will be dependent on the disablement or injury.
- Property Damage cover helps you if you own a business premises. Business premises are at risk from damage that can be caused by fire, flood, storms and more. If this were to happen, you could be left facing huge repair or rebuild bills. By including property damage cover, within contractors all risk insurance policy it will make sure your building or buildings have financial protection in place.
- Equipment Damage cover helps you as a tradesman or contractor, protect your tools. Tools are expensive investments that need to be safe guarded should they ever be stolen or damaged. Replacing or repairing your trade equipment can be costly, so you do need to be covered for all eventualities. Tradesman tool insurance can provide comprehensive cover so that you can replace any damaged, lost or stolen items and keep your business running.
How to get a quote and buy your Business Insurance
- Compare quotes online
Use our online insurance quote tool, which will give you a range of insurance policies to compare and then buy if you are happy to purchase from our website. Should you not be happy with your insurance quote we can take a further look to see if we can improve our price or policy details with our offline UK business insurance panel.
- Call us on 0161 968 2041
By talking to us direct we can get to know your business. Once we have all your business requirements we will search our panel of UK insurers to provide you with a range of policies available for your business. We will find the best policy we can to suit your business needs and if you are not happy, we will continue to try to improve our price or insurance policy.
- Request a Call Back
Just complete this simple form and we will call you back.
- Dedicated Insurance Specialists
You will have your own dedicated insurance specialist who will deal with your account personally. They will be responsible for your individual business insurance quotes and they will talk you through all options available.
- Payment for your insurance is easy
We are able to offer a range of flexible payment methods, which includes monthly direct debit along with the option to pay in full over the telephone via debit or credit card, which are subject to a small charge. If you would like to pay via direct debit your insurance specialist will be able to help you with this or simply call our new business team on 0161 968 2041.
- Immediate Cover and Same Day Documents
In most cases once you have agreed your Tradesman & Contractors insurance quotation and the cover is suitable for you, we can normally get you insured and covered immediately (subject to time of day restrictions). Your policy documents will be emailed to you.