Retail Shop Insurance Coffee Shops, Newsagents, Florists, Takeaways & more
Shop insurance or retail insurance is a requirement to keep you, your business and any employees you may have, protected. The Business Octopus can help you compare shop insurance quotes via our online quote system or you can contact our retail insurance specialists direct.
As a business owner you are always at risk from many eventualities. For instant malicious damage to your premises to theft of stock via a burglary or employees. All risks need to considered when looking for a business insurance policy for your business. Choosing the right insurance that suits and any additional add-on items like public liability or employers liability, stock and contents cover all need to considered.
Let The Business Octopus help you look and compare your next retail shop insurance quote.
Why choose The Business Octopus
- One of our shop or retail insurance specialists will discuss your business requirements with you and look to compare quotes from major UK insurance providers.
- You will get a bespoke policy that ensures you only pay for the cover you need.
- We can add cover for contents insurance, fixtures and fittings and stock items.
- We can provide you with your business insurance and documents on the same day in most cases (*subject to time of day restrictions), offering a range of flexible payment options, including Direct Debit.
Why you need Business Insurance for your Retail Shop
- As a retail shop owner, you are at risk from many eventualities, from malicious damage to theft of stock by burglary or theft of monies by an employee. All of these risks factors need to be considered when looking for a comprehensive retail shop insurance policy. Running a business can be highly profitable so you need to be able to protect your business and yourself from financial loss.
- Additionally Retail insurance can also protect you against compensation claims and legal expenses. Even if you win a case, legal fees can be considerable so it is important for your financial success that you are covered by public & employers liability insurance.
- Choosing, the right insurance package that suits your business and any additional items you may require for example public and employers liability insurance or stock and contents insurance The Business Octopus endeavour to put a policy together for you.
What your Retail Shop Insurance Quote covers
- Public & Employers Liability covers retailers dealing directly with the public so it is a consideration to have legal cover in place as an add on to your business insurance. As a retailer, you will have a legal responsibility to ensure that you have provided safe and secure surroundings for your employees and any visitors to your business premises.
If injury did occur on your premises or a product causes injury that you sell, then you could be at risk to legal proceedings. Retail shop insurance can provide public liability cover, which provides the financial support for any legal costs that may be incurred if customers or employees sue your business for damages. Public & Employer’s Liability cover is available for up to £10m
- Stock, Contents, Money & Accidental Damage cover can be standard with a majority of business insurance policies.
- Optional extras includes cover for tools, equipment and stock (including on an all risks basis), contract works, temporary employees, personal accident cover & legal expenses.
- Buildings Insurance can provide cover against damage to your business premises/properties. Damage can be very expensive to correct and could put your business at risk, therefore buildings cover can offer financial protection for structures against risks such as storms, fires, floods, earthquakes and vandalism.
- Protect your Assets as all businesses will face an element of risk and UK retail shop insurance is essential to safeguard your business against potential threats. Competitive cheap retail insurance and shop insurance with The Business Octopus.
- Business Contents Insurance cover is another important factor to consider for your shop insurance quote . If your business premises were to be damaged, then the contents may well be damaged too. You would have to replace stock, equipment and business contents. Tailored cover can provide financial support, and piece of mind should this happen to you.
How to get a quote and buy your Business Insurance
- Compare quotes online
Use our online insurance quote tool, which will give you a range of insurance policies to compare and then buy if you are happy to purchase from our website. Should you not be happy with your insurance quote we can take a further look to see if we can improve our price or policy details with our offline UK business insurance panel.
- Call us on 0161 968 2041
By talking to us direct we can get to know your business. Once we have all your business requirements we will search our panel of UK insurers to provide you with a range of policies available for your business. We will find the best policy we can to suit your business needs and if you are not happy, we will continue to try to improve our price or insurance policy.
- Request a Call Back
Just complete this simple form and we will call you back.
- Dedicated Insurance Specialists
You will have your own dedicated insurance specialist who will deal with your account personally. They will be responsible for your individual business insurance quotes and they will talk you through all options available.
- Payment for your insurance is easy
We are able to offer a range of flexible payment methods, which includes monthly direct debit along with the option to pay in full over the telephone via debit or credit card, which are subject to a small charge. If you would like to pay via direct debit your insurance specialist will be able to help you with this or simply call our new business team on 0161 968 2041.
- Immediate Cover and Same Day Documents
In most cases once you have agreed your retail shop insurance quotation and the cover is suitable for you, we can normally get you insured and covered immediately (*subject to time of day restrictions). Your policy documents will be emailed to you.