Restaurants, Bars & Pubs insurance, B&B’s insurance and more
A comprehensive restaurants, bars & pubs insurance policy can protect you against unforeseen incidents and protect your business financial security. When you own a restaurant, public house or bar your premises are susceptible to many risks, particularly when dealing with the public and alcohol.
Why choose The Business Octopus
- One of our licensed/non-licensed insurance specialists will discuss your business requirements with you and look to compare quotes from major UK insurance providers.
- You will get a bespoke policy that ensures you only pay for the cover you need.
- Licensed/non-licensed specific insurance options are available via our UK insurance panel of brokers covering you for sector specific situations as required.
- We can provide you with your business insurance and documents on the same day in most cases*, offering a range of flexible payment options, including Direct Debit.
Why you need Insurance for your Licensed Premises
- When owning licensed or non-licensed premises the probability of risk occurring may arise for a number of reasons. People and alcohol can cause a wide variety of problems for instance:
- assaults on your staff
- theft within your business premises
- if you prepare and serve food, a customer may decide that they have suffered ill health arising from the consumption of your food
- staff could be injured whilst going about their everyday duties
- Everyday risks can also be associated with forms of natural disaster that may render your business temporarily incapable of operating. In all of these situations and many others your staff could potentially hold you legally accountable and a court of law could/may also agree. In other situations, you could have suffered serious stock losses as well as a loss of income.
- We at The Business Octopus cannot stop anything happening, but we can help you find a business insurance policy that provides the right financial protection for your restaurant, public house or bar.
What your Restaurant, Bar or Pub Insurance Quote covers
- Employers Liability insurance cover is for you if you have one or more employees and then by law, you are required to have employers liability insurance. Employers Liability cover, is a standard £10m and will protect you as the employer against claims from your staff should they be hurt when working for you.
- Public & Products Liability insurance covers you as the business owner against claims from third parties of up to £5m.
- Business Money covers your business cash whilst on the premises during working hours. The money has to be kept within a safe whilst on your premises (subject to limits within the Policy).
- Buildings cover insures the building premises, outbuildings, landlords fixtures & fittings.
- Contents cover can protect trade contents, stock, customer goods, staff and customers personal effects, fixtures and fittings, computer and electronic business equipment.
- Loss of License covers the depreciation of your interest in the business (loss of income) resulting from non-renewal or withdrawal of your license to trade, because of causes beyond your control.
- Business Interruption covers the loss of your gross income because of loss or damage at the premises. The usual limit is set in blocks of 12/24/36 months depending on how long the business would take to recover from the loss or damage. Additional cover elements that can also be included are:
- Residential Accommodation cover for your family & guests personal belongings, contents and money (limited cover) as long as they live at the premises being insured. If a your business has guest rooms, it will cover personal effects up to a specified limit in the event of a fire, flood or storm damage.
- All Risks cover will protect specific items with in your territorial limits; this is optional cover and it will include items in the open such as garden furniture, chairs, and umbrellas.
- Terrorism cover standard does not provide cover for any loss or damage caused by direct or indirect acts of terrorism. However, there is an optional extension for premises in England, Wales and Scotland but you must request the cover if you require it.
- Subsidence cover can be added or removed as required. Subsidence usually happens when the soil (usually clay) on which a premises is built, shrinks or swells and dependent on the weather conditions.
- Subsidence is a downward movement of the ground supporting the building
- Heave is an upward movement of the ground supporting the building
- Landslip is the movement of land down a slope
How to get a quote and buy your Business Insurance
- Compare quotes online
Use our online insurance quote tool, which will give you a range of insurance policies to compare and then buy if you are happy to purchase from our website. Should you not be happy with your insurance quote we can take a further look to see if we can improve our price or policy details with our offline UK business insurance panel.
- Call us on 0161 968 2041
By talking to us direct we can get to know your business. Once we have all your business requirements we will search our panel of UK insurers to provide you with a range of policies available for your business. We will find the best policy we can to suit your business needs and if you are not happy, we will continue to try to improve our price or insurance policy.
- Request a Call Back
Just complete this simple form and we will call you back.
- Dedicated Insurance Specialists
You will have your own dedicated insurance specialist who will deal with your account personally. They will be responsible for your individual business insurance quotes and they will talk you through all options available.
- Payment for your insurance is easy
We are able to offer a range of flexible payment methods, which includes monthly direct debit along with the option to pay in full over the telephone via debit or credit card, which are subject to a small charge. If you would like to pay via direct debit your insurance specialist will be able to help you with this or simply call our new business team on 0161 968 2041.
- Immediate Cover and Same Day Documents
In most cases once you have agreed your Restaurant, Bar or Pub insurance quotation and the cover is suitable for you, we can normally get you insured and covered immediately (*subject to time of day restrictions). Your policy documents will be emailed to you.