Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity insurance is for businesses or individuals. Indemnity insurance will protect against the financial penalties or costs that maybe incurred as a result of a 3rd party suffering a financial loss from advice given in a professional capacity.
A comprehensive and personalised Professional Indemnity Insurance policy with The Business Octopus can ensure a claim will not cost you or your business financially.
Why choose The Business Octopus
- We cover a variety of trades and occupations, and are experts in providing Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- You will get a bespoke policy that ensures you only pay for the cover you need.
- We can add cover for your business equipment at home, in the office or in transit and provide options for covering you in sector specific situations as required.
- We can provide you with your business insurance and documents on the same day in most cases (*subject to time of day restrictions), offering a range of flexible payment options, including Direct Debit.
Why you need Professional Indemnity Insurance
- When you own a business, the responsibility of making sure you have the right professional indemnity cover, also known as PI Insurance, is in place to provide financial protection against potential legal action.
- Litigation has become one of the fastest growing and most profitable areas of legal practice in recent years. With more and more no win no fee solicitor services now available it can mean that more people are able to embark on court proceedings than ever before.
- There are no trades or occupations that are safe from having a 3rd party claim and it is now an essential part of your business Insurance.
- We provide professional indemnity insurance for various industries that include Business Consultants Insurance, Management Consultants Insurance, Recruitment Consultant Insurance, Quantity Surveyors Insurance and Marketing Consultant Insurance.
What your Professional Indemnity Insurance Quote covers
- Legal Fees can cover the cost of legal representation, which can be expensive if you do not have this cover. It can cover the costs of a claim or defence.
- Compensation Cover can, if found guilty of unintentional professional negligence, protect you in the event of having to pay out a compensation claim which could be costly.
- Associated Claims Costs can cover you if a claim needs to be investigated further or there is a need bring in expert witnesses in a court hearing. Additional costs associated with a claim that you would not normally have to pay.
- Breaches of Contract covers you if a customer brings a breach of contract case against you or your company. It can be for a number of reasons such as unintentional breaches of client confidentiality or accidental loss of vital client documents.
- Copyright Infringement can be a big problem for professionals working in saturated marketplaces. It can be easy to develop very similar products to other businesses without realising, so you need to protect your reputation and finances against possible claims for infringement of intellectual property rights or copyright.
- Examples of claims:
- An employee leaves their business laptop containing confidential information in a public place; the customer could sue the employer for breach of confidentiality and data protection.
- Your website designer uses images on your business website without purchasing the appropriate licenses; the owners of the original images can sue for Copyright Infringement.
- A consulting engineer makes a mistake in his plans when undertaking a house rebuild; they are liable for the cost of wasted materials and extra work caused by the error.
How to get a quote and buy your Business Insurance
- Compare quotes online
Use our online insurance quote tool, which will give you a range of insurance policies to compare and then buy if you are happy to purchase from our website. Should you not be happy with your insurance quote we can take a further look to see if we can improve our price or policy details with our offline UK business insurance panel.
- Call us on 0161 968 2041
By talking to us direct we can get to know your business. Once we have all your business requirements we will search our panel of UK insurers to provide you with a range of policies available for your business. We will find the best policy we can to suit your business needs and if you are not happy, we will continue to try to improve our price or insurance policy.
- Request a Call Back
Just complete this simple form and we will call you back.
- Dedicated Insurance Specialists
You will have your own dedicated insurance specialist who will deal with your account personally. They will be responsible for your individual business insurance quotes and they will talk you through all options available.
- Payment for your insurance is easy
We are able to offer a range of flexible payment methods, which includes monthly direct debit along with the option to pay in full over the telephone via debit or credit card, which are subject to a small charge. If you would like to pay via direct debit your insurance specialist will be able to help you with this or simply call our new business team on 0161 968 2041.
- Immediate Cover and Same Day Documents
In most cases once you have agreed your Professional Indemnity insurance quotation and the cover is suitable for you, we can normally get you insured and covered immediately (*subject to time of day restrictions). Your policy documents will be emailed.