Motor Trade Insurance
As someone in the motor trade, it makes sense to ensure you protect your livelihood with the most suitable motor trade insurance. Why is this?
Cars and risk
Since they were first produced over a century ago, cars have been associated with risk.
There are all the predictable road usage risks but also, there are the motor trade risks that may apply in your situation.
Whatever the nature of your motor trade business, you are dealing with high value and sometimes dangerous objects – ie. the motor car or various other risks for trades such as a haulier.
If something goes badly wrong, you could be facing some monumental bills that may bring your business down – unless you have a good motor trade insurance policy to fall back on. Trade motor insurance can ensure you are covered for every eventuality.
The typical motor professional’s policy needs to take into account situations such as:
- trade insurance – for things that go wrong in your workshop;
- road cover – that’s for accidents that may happen if you’re road testing or delivering a customer’s vehicle
- employers’ liability requirements – to cover the cost of claims against you from your staff that have been injured in progression of their legitimate work on your behalf;*
- theft – break-ins that result in the theft of your tools, damage to your premises and the theft of/damage to your customers’ cars on the premises;
- Business continuity – in case your premises are put out-of-action by an insured risk such as fire or explosion etc;
- public liability – to cover you for members of the public that suffer injury on or around your property (eg. slipping on an oil spill).
*In the specific case of employers’ liability, the law may oblige you to have this cover in some situations.
That not only applies to formal employees on your books. The law may also include friends or family in that definition – even if they are helping you out voluntarily.
Writing out cheques
Should any of the above things happen, then you’ll either have to turn to your motor trade insurance or reach for your chequebook. If you don’t have insurance at that point, then you may wish you had!
The good news is that we can help you find competitively-priced motor trade insurance that will ensure that your business keeps running as smoothly as possible – even if the unexpected does happen.
Cheap motor trade insurance online quote
For your free online quote to ensure you have full cover and a solid motor trade insurance policy please fill in the contact us form or call 0161 968 2041 today!