Landlords Property Portfolio Insurance
At The Business Octopus, our personalised landlord insurance policies are designed to allow you to add, remove, increase or decrease all areas of your insurance policy. We can accommodate property portfolio’s of any size and we aim to make the process of organising your business insurance as easy as possible. You will be able to put together a bespoke property portfolio insurance policy to the way you want it. All the essential cover you will need in one business insurance policy.
As a professional landlord, you will want peace of mind knowing that should there be a claim made against you or your letting properties you will be protected. There are many risks associated with renting out a property, and any building is susceptible to damage from natural ‘perils’ such as fire, flood, storm and subsidence. Property owning requires you to invest your time and money and this is why landlord business insurance is important for your financial security, should your property assets suffer from damage.
Why do I need business insurance?
You need to have the right insurance package at the right cost for the right insurance and The Business Octopus will endeavour to put a tailored business insurance package together for your business needs. With a selection of UK insurers providing the widest choice of Landlord insurance which can include:
Landlords Public Liability Insurance or Property Owners Liability Insurance is essential for renting out properties for residential purposes. As a Landlord you will have a legal responsibility for the safety of your tenants and members of the public that may visit the property. If a person is injured on your property or grounds as a result of negligence on your part then you could be sued for compensation.
Landlord Home Emergency Solutions cover can be bought alongside your Landlord business insurance policy. The policy will provide solutions to respond to household emergencies should they arise.
Rent Guarantee Protection & Repossession costs are the legal expenses option that can be further extended to provide an option to cover evicting tenants as well as protecting against default or non-payment of rents (*subject to policy terms and conditions).
Subsidence cover can be added or removed as required. Subsidence usually happens when the soil (usually clay) on which a house is built, shrinks or swells and dependant on the weather conditions.
- Subsidence is a downward movement of the ground supporting the building
- Heave is an upward movement of the ground supporting the building
- Landslip is the movement of land down a slope
How do I buy my Landlord Property Insurance?
There are various options available to obtain a quotation and purchase your business insurance.
- Compare quotes online from up to 20 UK insurance providers. If you have 10 or less properties in your portfolio, you can get a full online quote.
- Download our property portfolio quotation form, complete the required information and send it back to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 0161 973 9658
- Speak to one of our UK insurance specialists on 0161 968 2041 or request a call back
- Purchasing your insurance is easy with flexible payment options which can be discussed with your insurance specialist or with our new business team on 0161 968 2041
- You will receive same day immediate cover and your documents will be sent to you via email
Download our Property Portfolio form (Microsoft Excel):