Bespoke insurance cover for Internet Traders
Internet businesses are increasing and if your business is trading from your home, do not assume that your home insurance will cover your internet trading business. Our team of internet traders insurance specialists will talk to you to find out about your requirements and tailor a policy to your requirements.
Why choose The Business Octopus
- One of our Internet Traders Insurance specialists will discuss your business requirements with you and look to compare quotes from major UK insurance providers.
- You will get a bespoke policy that ensures you only pay for the cover that you need.
- We can add cover for goods in transit, business contents and legal fees and provide options for covering you in sector specific situations as required.
- We can provide you with your business insurance and documents on the same day in most cases (*subject to time of day restrictions), offering a range of flexible payment options, included Direct Debit.
Why you need Internet Trading Insurance?
- If you work from home and you own an online business, make sure you are protected. Many business owners assume that their home insurance will provide the right business insurance cover, however it could be unlikely.
- Your stock and liability covers are unlikely to be insured, leaving you unprotected should the worst happen. Home working could dramatically impact your home insurance.
- There are risks associated with an internet business and at The Business Octopus, our business insurance is designed for small traders and businesses without a dedicated commercial premises.
- Your selling volume will be low and could be via Ebay, Amazon or other online selling portals. Having an internet selling business requires investment in time and money and this is why it is important to have a comprehensive tailored internet traders business insurance policy.
- It is important to get the right business insurance cover for your business so you need to get as much advice as possible and chose the right cover for you. Protect your business and your financial security.
What your Internet Trading Insurance Quote covers
- Public Liability & Product Liability cover is included within your business insurance policy. Product Liability is not a compulsory class of insurance, although legislation says that the Consumer Protection Act 1987 and the EC Directive on Product Liability (25/7/85) does require those manufacturing and supplying goods to carry some form of product liability insurance. The Business Octopus internet trading insurance policy does include this as an integral part of an internet sellers insurance policy.
- Legal Expenses cover protects your business should a claim be made against you and you need to pursue or defend your claim.
- Goods in Transit cover protects against damage to items that are purchased from you and in the course of transit to the customer.
- Business Money cover includes any cash, stamps or unused units within a franking machine that are kept on the business premises (subject to policy restrictions).
- Material Damage cover protects the contents of your premises ie stock or business contents, which are used for the purposes of your business. The contents are insured against loss or damage caused by a standard range of insured risks normally associated with your trade. Inclusive of automatic extensions.
- Employers Liability cover for up to 5 employees.
How to get a quote and buy your Online Business Insurance
- Compare quotes online
Use our online insurance quote tool, which will give you a range of insurance policies to compare and then buy if you are happy to purchase from our website. Should you not be happy with your insurance quote we can take a further look to see if we can improve our price or policy details with our offline UK business insurance panel.
- Call us on 0161 968 2041
By talking to us direct we can get to know your business. Once we have all your business requirements we will search our panel of UK insurers to provide you with a range of policies available for your business. We will find the best policy we can to suit your business needs and if you are not happy, we will continue to try to improve our price or insurance policy.
- Request a Call Back
Just complete this simple form and we will call you back.
- Dedicated Insurance Specialists
You will have your own dedicated insurance specialist who will deal with your account personally. They will be responsible for your individual business insurance quotes and they will talk you through all options available.
- Payment for your insurance is easy
We are able to offer a range of flexible payment methods, which includes monthly direct debit along with the option to pay in full over the telephone via debit or credit card, which are subject to a small charge. If you would like to pay via direct debit your insurance specialist will be able to help you with this or simply call our new business team on 0161 968 2041.
- Immediate Cover and Same Day Documents
In most cases once you have agreed your Internet Trading business insurance or contractors business insurance quotation and the cover is suitable for you, we can normally get you insured and covered immediately*. Your policy documents will be emailed to you.